Minnesota Free School Meals Program to Begin Fall 2023
Families will still need to apply to qualify for more educational benefits.
Starting Sept. 5, 2023, the Minnesota Free School Meals program will cover the cost of one breakfast and one lunch for every student on school days; however, the cost of à la carte items such as an additional milk, other drinks, or extra meal items will not be covered. Students will need to have funds in their meal accounts to purchase any additional food items.
If you believe your household may qualify, please complete and return the application for educational benefits to the nutrition services office or to your child’s school. You can also apply in the Infinite Campus Parent Portal by clicking on the "More" tab, then the "Meal Benefits" tab.
The District 77 Nutrition Service Department is operated under the guidelines of the USDA National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs. Over 1,046,000 lunches and 306,000 breakfasts are served each year. The department employs approximately 55 full and part-time employees. Meals are planned according to the USDA nutrition standards. Breakfast and lunch meals are provided in all school buildings.
- What is the Minnesota Free School Meals Program?
- Can the meals be picked up or brought home like we did during the pandemic?
- Do I still need to complete the Application for Educational Benefits?
- What is included in the MN Free School Meals Program?
- What is NOT included in the MN Free School Meals Program?
School Year Hours:
7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Monday - Friday
7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Monday - Friday
1970 Lookout Drive
North Mankato, MN 56003
Menus are available on SchoolCafe.
- Click on the Schoolcafe button below.
- Click on "View Menus (as a guest)."
- Select Daily, Weekly or Monthly along the top header
- Select the School and Meal Type from the drop-down options.
Director of Nutrition Services
Darcy Stueber, SNS, CDM, CFPP
Nutrition and Wellness Specialist
Laura Hoekstra, MS, RD, LD
Culinary and Operations Specialist
Nutrition Services Secretary